Output: SPTS and 1 MPTS output
Max Resolution: 3840×2160_30P 4K
HEVC/H.265, MPEG4 AVC/H.264 video encoding format
STHD-8522 Multi-Channel Hevc IP encoder is a professional HD audio & video encoding and multiplexing HDMI 4k encoder. It has 4/8/12HDMI video input interfaces and supports HEVC/H.265, MPEG-4 AVC H.264 video encoding, with H.265’s high compression ratio, helps to save bandwidth up to 75%.
The hardware encoders receive HD videos (HDMI video), and output high-quality IP video streams multi SPTS and 1 MPTS to IP network/Cable systems.
In conclusion, the h265 encoder's highly integrated and cost-effective design makes the device widely used in a variety of digital distribution systems such as cable TV digital head-end, digital TV broadcasting, etc.
* 4/8/12× HDMI input with 4/8/12 SPTS and 1 MPTS output through Data 1 and Data 2
* HEVC/H.265, MPEG4 AVC/H.264 video encoding format
* Support B frame GOP, high video compression ratio, and stable bit rate
* MPEG-1 Layer 2, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, HE-AAC V2, AC3 Passthrough audio encoding format.
* 1 ASI output (optional) as copy of MPTS
* IP output over UDP and RTP/RTSP protocol
* Max Resolution to 3840×2160_30P 4K
* Support QR code, LOGO, closed caption insertion
* Support “Null PKT Filter” function
* Support PID Remapping/ PCR accurate adjusting
* Control via web management, and easy updates via web
|H.264 only with more cost-effective:||Compare with 4k-60p encoder:|
HEVC/H.265 encoder’s advantages
1. Providing smooth TS for modulators
HEVC/H.265 encoder adopts Fujitsu chip which offers stable bitrate with lower fluctuation compared with other encoding chips, so it provides smooth TS for modulators. It is widely used in a variety of digital distribution systems such as CATV digital head-end, satellite, and terrestrial digital TV, etc.
2. Encoding with the highest compression format—B frame (IBBP)
What is B Frame?
There are 3 major picture types used in the different video algorithms, they are I, P and B.
They are different in the following characteristics:
I‑frames are the least compressible but don't require other video frames to decode.
P‑frames can use data from previous frames to decompress and are more compressible than I‑frames.
B‑frames can use both previous and forward frames for data reference to get the highest amount of data compression.
In one word, B frame is the highest compression format which makes it possible to process HD video at a low bit rate. HEVC/H.265 encoder is not able to save bandwidth unless it is with B frame. In encoder parameters, B frame is often described in GOP (Group of Pictures) structure, like “IBBP”.